!

There is ALWAYS Room for Dessert!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Party to Remember

All I have to say that my taste-testing party was a sweet treat for me in so many ways. You know I didn't eat the cheesecake, so let me explain. I feel so blessed to have each person walk through my door that evening. To know that I gave you something that you loved to eat and made you happy, well, that makes my heart sing. I love to bake and it comes from my heart. I was so humbled by the number of people who came. There were even people I did not know. I felt honored that someone would come out to try my cheesecake and not even know me. The week leading up to the party I was worried about the turnout of people. I didn't want to bake all these cheesecakes and not have many people show up. I don't have a huge ego, but the one I do have probably couldn't take that kind of hit. I am not sure who said it to me earlier in the week, "If you bake it, they will come." And yes, they did! Thank you, God!

I have to thank my husband, Jim, for going to the store, going here, going there, doing this, doing that and being the best husband a woman could ask for! He is an awesome baking assistant, but I will try not to pull him away from the model railroading too much.
I also have to give a shout out to my neighbor in the Village, Rosann Kelly for many reasons.  Through her, I met Jean and Paul, my very first cheesecake customers!  This was before my business had a name, but to me they will always be special because they were the first to order from me!! Now back to Rosann, she kinda put the bug in my ear that I should sell my cheesecakes. So, with encouragement from Jim, and close friends, Little Kelly Cakes was born.  Then I was telling Rosann that I was selling cheesecakes and she suggested that I host a taste-testing party. "That's the best way to get your product out there for people to try," she said. A few suggestion here and there and TA-DA....a business, a party and I am on my way.  Mary Tyler Moore moment! The night of the party, she came over and cut up the cheesecakes, because I had NO clue how to cut them for a tasting. Now, I do. This gave me an opportunity for face time with my guests.  So, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I love our neighbors in the Village....glad to know we have the good ones!
For my early birds, Linda and Michael~thank you for the help and glad you were part of the evening. It means so much to me that you were here! Julie~Claree, well, you know, the luggage and all!
For my guests, thank you so much for coming to the party and sampling the cheesecakes. I hope you enjoyed eating them as much as I enjoyed baking them!
Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures from the evening except for one that was snapped near the end. I was sitting on the stairs with the children of my friends.
There are many stories could share from that evening, but I think I will save them for later blog posts!.  I am thankful to the good Lord above for blessing me with many cheesecake orders from that evening.  I look forward to filling them so people may have joy in their hearts from eating a "Little Kelly Cake."

"Make every bite memorable!"

No comments:

Post a Comment