!

There is ALWAYS Room for Dessert!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh, What a Year!

2010 is coming to a close and I am using this sleepless night to reflect back on all that's happened since I started Little Kelly Cakes. Wow! That is the word that keeps popping into my head.

It is amazing how God works in our lives. I never thought that I would be baking cheesecakes for extra money! I go to a graduation party back in June where I take 2 cheesecakes because there are going to be a lot of people. They were a big hit.  Several people asked me if I made cheesecakes to sell.  I told them if they order, I will sell! (OMG...did I just say that? What was thinking?)

A few days later, I was sitting out by the pool in our community and I got my FIRST order. I was so happy. This family will always hold a special place in my heart because they placed the first order.  I didn't have a business name yet, but they fanned the flame for a business that was about to be born! (OK, it was smoldering!)

I must say there was A LOT of self-doubt and I almost didn't do any of it. It is one thing to bake for family and friends and the occasional office party, but when you bake for money, whether family, friend, or stranger, it has to be spot-on.  I was having some BIG self-doubt moments. Could I do this?

God places the right people in your life just for you at the right time just for you! Thank you Denise Kelly for the encouragement, for WOW bible study, and for the laughs!  Denise provided the encouragement and support that I needed in launching a home-based business.  She even got me a few orders.  She is my driver to and from our bible study. I love her so much that I named a cheesecake after her~Neesey's Peanut Butter Cup.

I am little out of sync now with the progression of the year, but that's ok.  The post is getting a little long anyway and I don't want you to get bored.  The taste testing party was a success.  Many thanks to Rosann Kelly for suggesting it and many thanks to all who came out and ordered!  The Thanksgiving holiday....I think I made 30 cheesecakes. The Christmas holiday, it was more spread out, but I think around 30 cheesecakes.  The big hit of the season was the peppermint bark cheesecake.  Of course, it uses a whole package of white chocolate chips!

I think my favorite thing of all year is my family coming for Christmas and trying my cheesecake for the first time.  My niece Maddy said the cheesecakes were delicious. Of course, that's all I ever need.

*New for 2011~cupcakes filled with cheesecake
*I am looking for ideas for seasonal-Valentine's cheesecake flavor....email me!!

Make every bite memorable!!
Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment