!

There is ALWAYS Room for Dessert!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Layer upon Layer of Cheesecake Goodness with some cake too!

Hello Cheesecake lover's! I know I don't post often.  How much can one write about cheesecake? Don't answer that....just keep reading please.

I recently made a carrot cake cheesecake layer for a client. I have made the layer cakes before, but not the carrot cake.  Mostly because I am not a big fan of it and well, it has cream cheese frosting. AND, we all know that I don't care for cream cheese.  That is how I can make cheesecake and not eat it!!

Luckily for me, I have a wonderful friend who was more than willing to share her carrot cake recipe with me.  I only tweaked a few things, as I usually do with most recipes that are not my own. With this recipe, it was only with the spices.  I must say I am now a carrot cake convert, but only with this recipe and still without the frosting.

I made two 6 inch layer cakes and I also made two 6 inch cheesecakes. The cheesecakes were about half of their usual thickness. When doing the practice cakes, I learned that I could not do full cake pans of anything. I ended up with very tall cake and cheesecake cannot structurally handle the weight....even with internal supports. This was a few months ago.

So, I made a very light, creamy, and sweet cream cheese frosting to hold all of the layers together and stacked. The key for all of this goodness is very cool cakes and cold and steady hands! It was layer of cake, frosting, cheesecake, cake, frosting, cake, frosting, cheesecake and frosting!  (It also has a few internal structural pieces to keep all together. You would never know, huh?) I debated on whether or not to frost the sides, but it would have been SUGAR overload.

The cake was a big hit and surprise for the client's husband birthday! He had TWO pieces. I would call that one a success!!

Here are some pictures of the cake.  Sorry I don't have more of the actual process, but I was alone and my hands were a little messy!!





Make every bite memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment