!

There is ALWAYS Room for Dessert!

Monday, March 28, 2011

What's up at Little Kelly Cakes

Hello cheesecake lovers! My kitchen has been busy lately. I want to share with you some of the things that I have created.
I made a Caramel Cheesecake for my friend Julie and her mom for their 31 party.  Caramel is one of my favorite flavors and I make my own caramel sauce for the cheesecake.  It is time-consuming to make home-made caramel sauce, but well-worth the effort in the end for the flavor you get. You can taste the difference and who wants to unwrap all of the caramels anyway?  If I had to unwrap them, I would end up eating them because they are my favorite! YIKES!!  This beauty filled the house with a buttery caramel aroma when it was baking that it was hard for even me to resist, but it was already sold.




I was invited to the 31 party, so I got to see and hear people's reaction when they ate what I created. It makes me happy to please someone through food. I love to see my friend Denise in action.  She was the 31 consultant for the party and she has encouraged me to pursue my dreams for Little Kelly Cakes.

As you can see, this was also the first cheesecake that I "decorated." While this was fun and I do want to learn more about decorating, I will continue to send folks to Cakes Infinity for sculpted cakes and decorated cakes. Not my thing~Cheesecakes is what I am MOSTLY about. I don't have the patience for decorating and you have to have patience.

I recently made a Pumpkin Cheesecake for a birthday celebration. Here's the funny thing.  All of those cheesecakes I made at Thanksgiving, not a single pumpkin one in the bunch, all of them were Betty's Slice of Heaven or Sweet Potato Cheesecake. Yes, there is a big difference.  While this was one baking, I had a strange craving for turkey. The cheesecake was a surprise for the husband for his birthday and pumpkin is his favorite flavor.  It was a huge success!

One of the things that I offer is a layered cheesecake, which is a base layer of cheesecake, layer of cake, layer of cheesecake, layer of cake. Now, I made one of these at Thanksgiving with a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. These are hard work and there is no room for error. I learned that at Thanksgiving. I learned that the PUDC could only be three layers as you see because of the weight cake. The cheesecake could not hold it.  All of the other layer cakes are 4 layers

 I have been working on my red velvet cake recipe and now, it's PERFECT. Moist, delicate, light.....just what you want in Red Velvet Cake. After baking this, I know what I need to do. Less batter in the pans because the layers were just too big! My taste testers said that I needed more frosting, but I can tell you the flavor combination was DIVINE!  I use a cooked frosting, not a cream cheese frosting for my red velvet. True red velvet cake has a cooked frosting with flour and milk then combined sugar and butter




I have also been baking breads. This is such a great stress reliever for me with the kneading that comes with it.  If anyone wants to purchase any breads, just let me know. We can work something out.  I have made: Italian bread, bread bowls (for soup), Challah bread, wheat bread for sandwiches
 Challah Bread

 Challah Bread

 Wheat Bread

 Bread Bowl

 Bread Bowl

Biscuit 

Italian Bread

So these are some of the things that I have been working on....now I have to start walking to burn some calories! I do like fresh bread!

Make every bite memorable!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummm....you are making me hungry and I just ate!! The caramel was di-vine! <3 U!

    ReplyDelete